Our company is now constantly updating veterinary orthopedic products. From the current clinical point of view, in addition to regular fractures. the future clinical work of veterinary orthopedics will also focus on pet joint developmental and degenerative diseases. Among them, anterior cruciate ligament disease is the main cause of hindlimb claudication in dogs, and TPLO is the most classic and popular surgical treatment.
The TPLO (Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy) surgery which is a biomechanical method for treating rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament in dogs has become one of the most popular orthopedic surgeries performed on dogs who have torn their cranial cruciate ligament, also commonly referred to as a dog’s torn ACL.
Developed by Dr. Barclay Slocum, the TPLO surgery was originally considered a radical procedure for addressing canine ACL injuries. Now in existence for over 20 years, the surgery has proven itself time and time again, to be an extremely effective long-term solution for addressing this injury in dogs, providing quicker recovery and superior long-term results.
The philosophy behind the TPLO surgery is to completely change the dynamics of the dog’s knee so that the torn ligament becomes irrelevant to the stability of the knee itself.
Principles of TPLO Design as below:
Minimize vascular damage to both periosteum and endosteum
* Plates allows for for minimal contact with the bone, reducing compression of periosteal blood vessels
* The endosteal blood supply is spared through the preferred use of locking, monocortical screws. Drilling depth is controlled with a drill stop limiting vascular damage within the medullary canal.
Easy to use during the procedure
* The novel plate shape is optimized to match the TPLO construct and anatomy
* A wide range of sizes allow the use in toy to giant breeds
* Low profile and smooth transitions allow easy coverage with minimal soft tissue.
Our company has launched the TPLO system, pure titanium TPLO bone plate, titanium alloy screws, and specializes in creating a unique TPLO system, meantime we strive every day to offers the wide selection of implants, screws and instruments in the veterinary orthopedic field.
Post time: Jul-21-2021